ONLINE WORKSHOP: October 10 - November 7, 2019
Spokane Transit Service Changes 2020-2022 online workshop
Thank you for visiting the Spokane Transit Service Changes 2020-2022 online workshop. The workshop closed on November 7, 2019.
STA will develop proposed service changes between 2019 and 2020. If you participated in the online workshop, thank you! Your feedback is valuable and will help STA improve transit service in the Spokane region. In early 2020, STA will share and ask for input on the proposed changes via this website.
To receive STA updates, including announcements about future opportunities to provide input, please subcribe to our mailing list.
In fall 2016, voters approved funding for STA Moving Forward, Spokane Transit’s 10-year plan for more and better transit. Many projects have already been completed, including expanded night and weekend service, the opening of the West Plains Transit Center and the start of four new routes.
STA is now engaged in planning for service improvements that are programmed and funded for the next few years (2020-2022). Some of these improvements include:
- Cheney Corridor High Performance Transit Service
- Increased frequency of buses to Airway Heights on weekdays
- Expanded Hillyard and Northeast Spokane routes
- Logan to Lincoln Heights connection
- Implementation of the Central City Line
These service changes will focus on Northeast Spokane, Airway Heights/Spokane Airport/Fairchild Air Force Base, Greater Spokane Valley and the Spokane-Cheney Corridor.
- October – Online workshop
- February – Online survey on proposed changes
- June – Follow-up on survey on draft recommended changes
- July – Public Hearing
- September – STA Board of Directiors Decision on changes
- September – First phase of route changes go into effect
- May – Second phase of route changes go into effect
- May – Third phase of route changes go into effect including Central City Line
This map was closed for comment on November 7, 2019. You can view comments submitted during the online workshop on the map below.
STA asked for comments on:
- How bus routes in the focus areas could be improved to work better for you
- Places you would like to take a bus to that are not currently served by bus routes
For optimal mobile viewing or if the map does not appear below, view the map on Social Pinpoint